An on-trend crochet hat
Using the Charlston Beret pattern, make a light, lacy french-style hat with luxury yarn or something more functional
- Learn or revise some more advanced stitches (like the spike stitch) as you create a beautiful Charlston Beret
- The regular stitch changes keep things interesting, but the easy to remember sequence means you can relax and crochet your hat
- Worked in the round, starting from the crown, you can make this beanie as large or small as you need, simply by adding or removing increase rounds
- If you are an intermediate level crocheter, you will find this pattern easily achievable; confident beginners should give it a go!
- Designed for 2-3 colors, each “color” could be worked in solid, cake or variegated yarns to achieve different effects.
- A single color option will work, just showcase the textures, rather than the special color transitions
- Full written and pictorial instructions included so that you will successfully create this hat over and over again
- Charlston Beret Crochet Pattern has been tested by independent crocheters and some of their photos are showcased below
- I’m always happy to help if you have questions, so please contact me to send a message direct to my inbox.
The pattern is instantly available in both standard US terms and Standard UK/AU terms, with step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.
Annette (pattern tester)
Annette used a combination of solid and variegated millend yarns to create a beautiful version of this hat. And she added a pompom "because it needed it"! Isn't it the cutest?
Annette also wrote a blog post about her testing experience!
Read all about it HERE
Mary Lou (pattern tester)
When Mary Lou created her version of the light and lacy beret, she selected
Fiona (pattern designer)
I picked up some beautiful balls of Sublime Baby - cashmere, merino, silk DK at a garage sale and felt this was the perfect design to use them in. I started with the pale pink and vanilla, then did a version in the baby blue with the pale pink - I'm not sure which one I like best!
Want more "Charlston" designs?
The Charlston Cowl is also available and an automatic 20% discount is applied if you purchase both patterns in the same transaction!