An on-trend crochet hat
Using the Charlston Beret pattern, make a light, lacy french-style hat with luxury yarn or something more functional
- Learn or revise some more advanced stitches (like the spike stitch) as you create a beautiful Charlston Beret
- The regular stitch changes keep things interesting, but the easy to remember sequence means you can relax and crochet your hat
- Worked in the round, starting from the crown, you can make this beanie as large or small as you need, simply by adding or removing increase rounds
- If you are an intermediate level crocheter, you will find this pattern easily achievable; confident beginners should give it a go!
- Designed for 2-3 colors, each “color” could be worked in solid, cake or variegated yarns to achieve different effects.
- A single color option will work, just showcase the textures, rather than the special color transitions
- Full written and pictorial instructions included so that you will successfully create this hat over and over again
- Charlston Beret Crochet Pattern has been tested by independent crocheters and some of their photos are showcased below
- I’m always happy to help if you have questions, so please contact me to send a message direct to my inbox.
The pattern is instantly available in both standard US terms and Standard UK/AU terms, with step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.
Annette (pattern tester)
Annette used a combination of solid and variegated millend yarns to create a beautiful version of this hat. And she added a pompom "because it needed it"! Isn't it the cutest?
Mary Lou (pattern tester)
When Mary Lou created her version of the light and lacy beret, she selected
Fiona (pattern designer)
I picked up some beautiful balls of Sublime Baby - cashmere, merino, silk DK at a garage sale and felt this was the perfect design to use them in. I started with the pale pink and vanilla, then did a version in the baby blue with the pale pink - I'm not sure which one I like best!
Want more "Charlston" designs?
The Charlston Cowl is also available and an automatic 20% discount is applied if you purchase both patterns in the same transaction!
There are no reviews yet.