Entangled in Love
Taking the love knot to a whole new level
Become Entangled in Love – Love KNOTS, that is!
- Follow the pictorial and referenced YouTube tutorial so you can become a master at the Love Knot (otherwise known as Solomn’s Knot)
- You’ll use literally 3 stitches to complete your shawl, and the whole garment is a 2-row repeat, meaning you can watch TV or the kids without losing your place
- Select your favorite multi-colored or solid yarn and create something spectacular
- Make a giant shawl, or a small neck scarf, simply by changing the number of stitches in the first row
- Written for Fingering (sock) weight yarns, a simple hook change will enable you to use DK (#3) or Worsted (#4) weight yarns to great effect.
- Cotton or cotton-blend yarns can transform your creation into a light, comfortable and cool summer wrap
- If you are an intermediate level crocheter, you will find this pattern easily achievable
- Full written and pictorial instructions included so that you will successfully create Entangled in Love over and over again
- This crochet pattern has been tested and tech edited by independent crocheters – their photos are shown in the gallery
- I’m always happy to help if you have questions, so please contact me to send a message direct to my inbox.
Your Entangled in Love crochet pattern is instantly available in both standard US terms and Standard UK/AU terms, with step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.
What we used to become Entangled in Love
Fiona Langtry (pattern designer)
For my intitial creation, I used just on 1/2 a cake of "Lola" from Garnmanufaktur - the colorway was also designed by me and is called "Fiona". It may still be available from Yarnish Australia, but if not, have a browse at their other beautiful colors and yarns.
Deb (pattern tester)
Deb used a beautiful rich brown alpaca yarn in sport/sock weight from A to Z yarns. A friend of hers graciously offered to be her model - just look at that smile!
Seona (pattern tester)
Seona had never tried Love Knots before attempting this pattern and I think her version, created in Naturally Loyal 4ply NZ wool, proves that she's now mastered the stitch!
Shell (pattern tester)
Shell donned her shawl created using stunning 4ply cotton from Lincraft (Aust) & shows just how spectacular a bright color can look, particularly over black.
Love this pattern fun to make another great design be revedesignsco easy to crochet great stitch
Thank you so much Shell! Having you test this pattern was a pleasure (as usual)!
I thoroughly enjoyed making this lovely shawl. Fiona’s instructions are very easy to understand and follow; the result is a light and flexible lacy shawl with a beautiful drape. Fiona also gives instructions for adjust the finished size and it was a very easy adjustment to make. It’s a beautiful pattern and I’m thrilled with my finished shawl.
Thank you so much Seona! I love your shawl and I cannot wait to see what else you make using Love Knots!
This was such a fun and easy pattern to follow!
So light and airy! A dream to wear!
Thank you for letting me test it!
Deb, Thank you so much for your testing prowess, along with your kind words! I hope you get many years of wear from your beautiful scarf, and hope to see you make more in the future!