A beautifully light circle scarf
Using the Charlston Cowl crochet pattern, make a light, lacy neck warmer using luxury yarn or something more functional
- Learn or revise some more advanced stitches (like the spike stitch) as you create a beautiful Charlston Cowl
- The regular stitch changes keep things interesting, but the easy to remember sequence means you can relax and crochet your scarf
- Worked in the round, this cowl can be made longer or shorter, simply by adding or removing multiples of 2 stitches in the initial round.
- Designed for 2-3 colors, each “color” could be worked in solid, cake or variegated yarns to achieve different effects.
- A single color option will work, just showcase the textures, rather than the special color transitions
- Full written and pictorial instructions included so that you will successfully create this lacy hat over and over again
- If you are an intermediate level crocheter, you will find this pattern easily achievable; confident beginners should give it a go!
- Charlston Cowl Crochet Pattern has been tested by independent crocheters and some of their photos are showcased below
- I’m always happy to help if you have questions, so please contact me to send a message direct to my inbox.
The pattern is instantly available in both standard US terms and Standard UK/AU terms, with step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.
Yarns and Finishing Options used in Testing:
Annette (pattern tester)
Annette used a combination of solid and variegated millend yarns to create a beautiful version of this cowl. The spike stitches give
Mary Lou (pattern tester)
When Mary Lou created her version of the light and lacy beret, she chose to use a long-color change cake. Yarn used: Lion Brand Mandala. Colorway: Wizard
Fiona (pattern designer)
I picked up some beautiful balls of Sublime Baby - cashmere, merino, silk DK at a garage sale and felt this was the perfect design to use them in. I sandwiched the vanilla between 2 sections of the pale pink, creating a light lovely summer cowl
Want more "Charlston" designs?
The Charlston Beret is also available and an automatic 20% discount is applied if you purchase both patterns in the same transaction!
There are no reviews yet.