Shrug Off the Dew Drops
Create anything from a bolero to a long jacket using this wonderfully textured pattern
- Shrug Off the Dew Drops is a comfortable, practical and adjustable pattern – what size & shape will YOU make?
- Create one (or more) for yourself, for your children, or for your mother – they’ll all enjoy wearing this shoulder warmer!!
- Start by creating a rectangle – this is the part that’s completely customisable – then you join, add sleeves and hem and you’re done
- My “Dew Drops” motif is worked over 5 rows, and then in reverse, ensuring your interest is held throughout the process
- NO Gauge!
Pattern tester Claire said:
“It was great to have clothing that was super easy to make without needing to do a gauge”
- Hem-up design. Worked in rows.
- After joining together, work in rounds to create a sleeve (as long or as short as you like)
- Then move to the Hem – it can be a narrow finish, or multiple motifs deep – entirely up to you
- If you are an intermediate level crocheter, you will find this pattern easily achievable.
- Create in one color, 2 colors, color-block or variegated yarns to achieve different effects
- Medium Ladies size (adjustable)
- Full written and pictorial instructions included so that you will successfully create Shrug Off the Dew Drops over and over again
- I’m always happy to help if you have questions, so please contact me to send a message direct to my inbox
- OR… Join my Facebook Group and chat with my testers and other fans!
The pattern is instantly available in both standard US terms and standard UK/AU terms, with step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.
Claire created 2 different versions - one a little smaller than the other.
Both used Stylecraft Special DK.
The "Peacock" version had a single repeat of the hemline trim.
For Claire's "Grey" version, the hemline trim was repeated 3 times, providing a little more "down the back" coverage.
Larissa used a Sean Sheep cake called Bandera to create a tiny version for her daughter! Isn't she just too cute?!