Step by step to the on-trend garment you crave!
Create a unique, warm and visually stunning Raindrops Poncho mostly using just one stitch!
- The Raindrops Poncho crochet pattern is a trendy design so that your winter wardrobe will be complete
- make one for yourself and you’ll have a “go-to” outfit-topper for the entire season
- Fashionable color-block design
- Comfortable to wear
- Eye-catching garment
- Intended to be made in multiple colors so that you can wear more outfits that match
- Rectangular ruana-style that can be worn wide, or long, or with points
- Optional button trim on neck – pattern includes 2 finishing options
- Designed to be made using 4 different colors, but you have the option to use one solid color or you can choose a self-striping yarn (like Caron Cakes) and achieve a visually impressive poncho
- Simple stitches mean that most crocheters can achieve a beautiful result
- A one-piece design = no seams!
Raindrops Poncho Crochet Pattern is available in both standard American and UK/AU terms It includes step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.
The "Raindrops" yarn from YarnHub was the inspiration for this design. The yarn itself is full of texture, so a simple stitch is all that's required to create a stunning garment.
You can purchase this yarn directly from Sue at: www.theyarnhub.com/Yarnhub-merino-raindrops-yarn-1/
Fiona Langtry (pattern designer)
I shared a photo of the original poncho with a friend and she surprised me with 8 skeins (4 colors) of Malabrigo Worsted yarn! I spent a lot of last summer making this, and added some extra details on the borders. This stunning poncho has been used all through Australia's winter, and I've received multiple compliments.
Sharon (pattern tester)
Sharon used Caron Cakes to create her beautiful poncho and the effect created is simply stunning!