Boho Fringed Hood
Head and shoulders against the chill!
Create your own boho-style fringed hood featuring a loose-ribbed hood, with a row of large Crocodile Stitch fans framing the face.
- The cowl section is open-weave (’V’ stitch) and is shaped so the shoulders are covered neatly.
- The fringe sits just below the collarbone.
- A tassel is the finishing touch and hangs from the point of the hood.
- The whole hood is worked in one piece. The back seam is completed as a side-journey.
This pattern gives simple instructions and photographs for a simple-to make, quick to finish hood.
Choose a long-change colourway, a variegated yarn, a single colour or work stripes and make it 2-tone.
Have fun with the pattern and enjoy wearing this versatile, easy-to-wear, supremely warm hood/snood.
I have made this hood using 3 different weights of yarn (14 ply, 12 ply and 10 ply), all with great results – just a slightly different generosity of fit. For the Aran yarn, I used an 8mm hook. For the chunky yarns, I recommend using an 9mm hook.
- The Fringed Hood Crochet Pattern has been tested by independent crocheters (some of their amateur photos are in the gallery).
- I’m always happy to help if you have questions, so please contact me to send a message direct to my inbox.
The Boho Fringed Hood Crochet Pattern is available in standard American or British terms with step-by-step instructions and photos to help guide your hook to completion.